Purpose of the Counselling Services:
To strengthen and empower individuals, couples, families and groups in crisis and/or in need of support.
The services are intended to help:
Deal with family issues:
- Blended family issues
- Family or origin issues
- Parenting issues
- Children and adolescent problems
Improve personal well-being
- Anger management
- Post traumatic stress
- Suicidal ideation
- Health problems
- Eating disorders
- Financial problems
- Relationship issues
- War trauma
- Newcomer issues
Support victims of abuse
- Abuse by a partner
- Sexual abuse
- Elder abuse
- Witnessing abuse
- Harassment in the workplace
What benefits will the services bring to participants?
- Improved ability to manage and respond to changing and stressful life events
- Enhancement of problem solving/coping/conflict resolution skills
- Explore beliefs and feelings that may be hindering your ability to manage life issues
- Build healthier relationships
- Reduction in level of personal distress
Description of the services:
After a discussion with the Intake Worker, you will be assigned to a professional Counsellor who can help you explore and understand your challenges and together set goals that move you towards managing these challenges better.
- Intake & assessments
- Information and referrals
- Individual, couple, family and groups counselling for adults
- Counseling for children ages 6-12 years and adolescents
- Therapeutic and educational groups, such as bereavement, depression, dysfunctional families, etc. (See What’s New for list of upcoming and current groups)
Counselling is available in English, French and Farsi.
Our Agency, at its own expense, provides multilingual and sign language interpretation when requested.
Our services are offered within the following areas of the city:
- 310 Olmstead (Catholic Family Service Ottawa)
- 290 Dupuis Street (Vanier Community Service Centre)
- 40 Cobourg Street (Lowertown Community Resource Centre)
- 225 Donald Street, Unit 120 (Overbrook-Forbes Community Resource Centre)
- 2339 Ogilvie Road, (Eastern Ottawa Community Resource Centre)
- 240 Centrum Boulevard, (Orléans-Cumberland Community Resource Centre)
Cost: Fee for services is assessed using a sliding scale and based on your annual family income and the number of dependents.
All locations are physically accessible.
If you would like to access the counselling services or would like more information, please contact the Intake Counsellor by telephone at 613-233-8478 or by TTY at 613-233-1866.
This program is subsidized by United Way/Centraide Ottawa and the City of Ottawa